In this training course we teach the contents of the official curriculum of the ISTQB®. In addition, our trainers will introduce you to as many practical examples as possible so that you will be able to easily apply what you have learned later on.
- Basics of test automation
- Objectives of test automation
- Preparatory work for test automation
- Test automation strategies
- Processes, concepts and methods of test automation
- generic test automation architecture (gTAA)
- Draft of the test automation architecture (TAA)
- Development of the test automation strategy (TAS) and planning of the rollout
- Compatibility and synchronization of test automation strategy (TAS) and system under Test (SUT)
- Risks in implementation and risk mitigation strategies
- Transition from manual to automated tests
- Verification of the test automation strategy (TAS)
- Continuous optimization of test processes
- Test automation tools
After the course you are able to:
- Explain the objectives, advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of test automation.
- Identify technical success factors of a test automation project.
- Analyze a system under test to determine the appropriate automation solution.
- Analyze test automation tools for a given project and report technical findings and recommendations.
- Understand "design for testability" and "design for test automation" methods applicable to the SUT.
- Explain the structure of the Generic Test Automation Architecture.
- Analyze factors of implementation, use, and maintenance requirements for a given Test Automation Solution.
- Explain the factors to be considered when identifying reusability of components.
- Apply guidelines that support effective test tool pilot and deployment activities.
- Analyze deployment risks and identify technical issues that could lead to failure of the test automation project, and plan mitigation strategies.
- Understand which factors support and affect maintainability.
- Classify metrics that can be used to monitor the test automation strategy and effectiveness.
- Explain how a test execution report is constructed and published.
- Apply criteria for determining the suitability of tests for automation.
- Understand the factors in transitioning from manual to automation testing.
- Explain the factors to consider in implementing automated regression testing, new feature testing, and confirmation testing.
- Verify the correctness of an automated test environment including test tool setup.
- Verify the correct behaviour for a given automated test script and/or test suite.
- Analyze the technical aspects of a deployed test automation solution and provide recommendations for improvement.
The trendig GmbH has been accredited since 2005 as a partner of the German-speaking ISTQB representatives GTB (German Testing Board) and ATB (Austrian Testing Board).