content & syllabus
Chapter 1: Mobile World - Business and Technology Drivers
- Mobile Analytics Data
- Business Models for Mobile App
- Mobile Device Types
- Types of Mobile Applications
- Mobile Application Architecture
- Test Strategy for Mobile Apps
- Challenges of Mobile Application Testing
- Risks in Mobile Application Testing
Chapter 2: Mobile Application Test Types
- Testing for Compatibility with Device Hardware
- Testing for App Interactions with Device Software
- Testing for Various Connectivity Methods
Chapter 3: Common Test Types and Test Process for Mobile Applications
- Common Test Types applicable for Mobile Applications
- Additional Test Levels applicable for Mobile Applications
- Experience-based Testing Techniques
- Mobile Test Process and Approaches
Chapter 4: Mobile Application Platforms, Tools and Environment
- Development Platforms for Mobile Applications
- Common Development Platform Tools
- Emulators & Simulators
- Setting up a Test Lab
Chapter 5: Automating the Test Execution
- Automation Approaches
- Automation Methods
- Automation Tools Evaluation
- Approaches for setting up an Automation Test Lab
The Foundation Level qualification is aimed at anyone involved in software testing who wishes to broaden their knowledge of Mobile Application Testing or anyone who wishes to start a specialist career in Mobile Application Testing.
- Professionals with experience in traditional testing methods who wish to acquire specific competence in mobile application testing.
- Junior test professionals who are starting their career in testing and want to learn more about the role of the tester in the development of mobile applications.
- Professionals experienced in their respective roles who need more understanding and knowledge about managing testing at all levels of mobile projects.
These professionals can work in different roles, such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, or software developers.
Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level certification may also be suitable for people who want a deeper understanding of software testing in the mobile world, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, or management consultants.
exam & certification
The participation in the exam is optional. We assume that you take the exam after the training course. However, please inform us during the course booking if you wish NOT to attend the exam.
The Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level Certificate exam will be based on the ISTQB® CTFL-MAT syllabus.
The Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level exam is multiple choice. There are 40 questions. To pass the exam, at least 65% of the questions (i.e., 26 questions) must be answered correctly. Hands-on objectives and exercises will not be examined. To take the exam for the Mobile Application Testing candidates must have the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL®) certificate.
Answers to exam questions may require knowledge based on more than one section of this syllabus. All sections of the syllabus are examinable, except for the introduction and appendices. Our trainers optimally prepare you for the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level - Mobile Application Testing exam. For years, the number of our attendees passing the exam is above average. You already want to prepare yourself before the course starts? Please have a look at the ISTQB® CTFL-MAT syllabus.
To gain this certification, candidates must hold the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
trendig and the certification company Brightest support you in your career with a free digital badge for your business profile.
If you pass, you will become a member of the global community of more than 836,000 certified testers from over 130 countries. The certificate is independent proof of your expertise, which is already expected in the professional field by some clients and employers.
benefits and discounts
We know that you can learn best when you feel comfortable and when we meet as many of your expectations as possible. That's why you not only get a first-class training, but also a wide range of training and certification services. Read more about the benefits of training with trendig and what is included in our courses here: